Erika D. White
Advises banks, broker-dealers and other institutions regarding credit risks involved in cross-border derivatives and other complex financial transactions.
Erika advises banks, broker-dealers and other institutions regarding credit risks involved in cross-border derivatives and other complex financial transactions, including the enforceability of rights to close-out, net and liquidate collateral upon a counterparty insolvency, as well as issues in connection with broker-dealer insolvencies under the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA).
Her practice also includes the structuring and documentation of collateral and other credit risk mitigation arrangements for a broad range of transactions, including fixed income, equity and credit derivatives, prime brokerage and secured financing transactions, and advising on the impact of the Dodd-Frank Act on such arrangements.
In the largest-ever SIPA proceeding, Erika represented the joint administrators of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) in their multi-billion-dollar claims against Lehman Brothers. She also represented five banking organizations in their first living will submissions
- Galaxy Digital engaged to manage and monetize FTX digital asset holdings
- Phoenix Services chapter 11 filing and $125 million DIP financing
- BlockFi $400 million revolving loan facility and FTX option to acquire BlockFi
- Talen Energy Supply restructuring and $1.76 billion DIP financing
- Talen comprehensive loan amendment and $848 million revolving credit facility
- Blackstone mortgage loan and preferred equity investment
- Limetree Bay Terminals bridge financing and new money financing
- MicroStrategy $500 million senior secured notes offering
- American Airlines $10 billion AAdvantage secured financings
- Delta Air Lines $9 billion SkyMiles secured financings
- Aeroméxico chapter 11 filing
- Chapter 11 Cases of Stearns Holdings, LLC and Affiliates
- Davis Polk Advises Ad Hoc Group of Prepetition Second-Lien Lenders in Connection with Aretec Group, Inc.’s $1 Billion Restructuring
- Davis Polk Represents Lehman Brothers International Europe in Multibillion-Dollar Settlement with Lehman Brothers Inc.
- Davis Polk Advises Lehman Brothers International Europe in Multibillion-Dollar Settlement with Lehman Brothers Inc.
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Articles Editor, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law
- with distinction
- Counsel, 2006-present
- Davis Polk, 1981-1982 and 1986-present
- Tokyo office, 1987-1992
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York