Dana M. Seshens
Co-head of Civil Litigation. Focuses on complex commercial litigation and securities class actions, with considerable experience in trials and arbitrations.
Dana is co-head of our Civil Litigation group. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and securities class actions, with considerable experience representing clients in trials and arbitrations.
She also works on bankruptcy litigation and IP litigation matters.
Dana represents various corporate clients and financial institutions, and has extensive experience across a wide range of civil litigation and advisory matters.
Crain’s New York Business included Dana on its 2021 list of Notable Women in Law.
- IHS Markit, Ltd. and affiliated entities in litigation in Delaware Chancery Court arising out of a joint venture dispute
- Signify Health in a commercial dispute concerning tortious interference and trade secret misappropriation claims
- A leading high-performance lithium technology manufacturer in an ICC arbitration relating to alleged breaches of a multi-year lithium carbonate supply agreement
- An innovative real estate firm in litigation concerning tort and competition-based claims in New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division
- Livent Corporation in securities litigation arising out of its initial public offering
- Underwriter defendants in securities litigation arising out of the initial public offering of Velocity Financial, Inc.
- Pfizer in litigation brought by Merck alleging trade-secret misappropriation and other claims related to pneumococcal vaccines
- Underwriter defendants in two different securities litigations concerning California wildfires and two major California utility companies
- Underwriter defendants in securities litigation arising out of the initial public offering of Arlo Technologies, Inc.
- A major financial institution and its affiliates in antitrust litigation concerning the alleged manipulation of the Canadian Dealer Offered Rate (“CDOR”)
- Aetna Inc. and its board of directors in:
- Securities litigation arising out of the proposed Aetna-CVS merger
- Securities litigation and shareholder matters arising out of Aetna’s decision to withdraw from certain public healthcare exchanges
- Shareholder litigation arising out of Aetna’s proposed acquisition of Humana Inc.
- Securities litigation concerning Aetna's disclosure of information related to political contributions
- Shareholder litigation arising out of Aetna’s acquisition of Coventry Health Care, Inc.
- Roche Diagnostics Operations, Inc. and Roche Diagnostics Hematology, Inc. in a contract dispute in Delaware Chancery Court relating to earn-out provisions in a merger agreement
- Comcast Corporation and certain affiliates in:
- Bankruptcy proceedings and related litigation concerning Comcast SportsNet Houston
- Patent infringement litigation brought by Rovi Guides and Veveo
- Class action antitrust litigation as trial counsel
- SLRC Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of Universal Parks and Resorts, in a real estate dispute concerning land in Orlando
Crain’s New York Business – "Notable Women in Law," 2021
Law360 – “Rising Star: Securities,” 2014
Benchmark Litigation – New York, Star
Lawdragon - 500 Leading Lawyers in America, 2021
- cum laude
- Notes Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- magna cum laude
- Partner, 2011-present
- Associate, 2003-2011
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, E.D. New York
- U.S. District Court, S.D. New York