Advises on public and private mergers and acquisitions, investments and joint ventures, and governance and activism. One of The Deal’s 2021 “Top Women in Dealmaking.”
Cheryl advises U.S. and international clients on public and private mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, corporate governance, shareholder activism and other general corporate matters. She also represents private equity firms and their portfolio companies on a full range of transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions of investments, leveraged buyouts and minority investments.
The Deal recognized Cheryl as a “Rising Star” in 2020, and one of the "Top Women in Dealmaking" in 2021.
She is a Global Advisory Board Member of the Women in Law Empowerment Forum.
- Gilead on its $21 billion acquisition of Immunomedics
- Brookfield Business Partners on its $13.2 billion acquisition of the Power Solutions business of Johnson Controls and $3.4 billion acquisition of DexKo Global
- Williams on its $10.5 billion acquisition of all of the outstanding public common units of Williams Partners L.P.
- SS&C Technologies on its $5.4 billion acquisition of DST Systems
- Emerson on its acquisition of control of Aspen Technology in an $11 billion transaction and $3.2 billion acquisition of the Valves & Controls business of Pentair
- Spectrum Brands on the $4.3 billion sale of its Hardware & Home Improvement segment to ASSA ABLOY
- L Brands on the spinoff of Victoria’s Secret
- SUEZ on its $601 million sale of a minority interest in SUEZ Water Resources to PGGM
- FTS International on its $407 million acquisition by ProFrac Holdings
- Cboe Global Markets in its acquisition of Bids Trading
- Pernix Therapeutics on its acquisition of assets of Orexigen Therapeutics in an auction conducted under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Shire on its acquisition of Foresight Biotherapeutics
- Roche on its sale of its Florence, South Carolina manufacturing site to Patheon
- Atairos on a series of transactions involving Learfield IMG College
- Tailwind Capital Partners on the acquisition of AST
- Comcast on its proposed transaction to acquire Time Warner Cable
- cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- summa cum laude
- Partner, 2020-present
- Associate, 2012-2020
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York