Brian D. Hirsch
Advises public and private companies, REITs, developers, investors, PE funds and financial institutions in a wide range of real estate transactions.
Brian advises public and private companies, real estate investment trusts, developers, investors, private equity funds and financial institutions in a wide range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, financings, leasing, sale-leasebacks and preferred equity investments.
Brian has broad experience in the acquisition, disposition and financing of large portfolios of real estate, including shopping centers, performing and nonperforming mortgage loans, office buildings and wireless telecommunications towers.
Brookfield, Related Companies, RXR Realty, SL Green Realty and Uniti Group are among the clients he has each advised on multiple transactions.
- Brookfield Properties on its financing of its 6.2-acre mixed-use development project known as 5th and Broadway, Nashville, TN
- Related Companies and Oxford Properties in numerous transactions, including the $1.5 billion construction loan for the development of the Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards and the $565 million sale of the Edge, an observation deck located at 30 Hudson Yards in New York, NY
- Searchlight Capital Partners and Marcus Hotels & Resorts on the acquisition and financing of the Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh
- Meritage Group on the acquisition of numerous hotel properties throughout the United States
- Vanbarton Group on its acquisition and financing of 115 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA
- Uniti Group, a communications infrastructure REIT, on numerous matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, master lease transactions and debt financings
- Bath & Body Works (f/k/a L Brands) on the proposed separation of Victoria’s Secret
- Bouwinvest in its joint venture with Tishman Speyer to acquire an interest in an investment vehicle sponsored by Tishman Speyer to develop “The Spiral”, a 65 story office tower
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division on its initial commitment of up to $500 million to Global Compute Infrastructure, a joint venture formed by Goldman Sachs with former senior executives of Digital Realty Trust for the purpose of acquiring data centers servicing hyperscale computing companies
- Related Companies in its joint venture with Vornado Realty Trust to own and operate 85 10th Avenue, New York, NY and representation of the Related/Vornado joint venture in connection with a $625 million CMBS financing secured by the property
- RXR in various transactions, including the acquisition of a 49% controlling interest in 5 Times Square, New York, NY, construction financing for the 56 acre Garvies Point development in Glen Cove, Long Island, and sale of two properties in Princeton, NJ
- SL Green Realty Corp. in various transactions, including the sale of 7 Renaissance Square in White Plains, NY and the acquisition of 102 Greene Street in New York, NY
- Arcis Golf on the $375 million refinancing of existing credit facilities
- Moinian Limited, a British Virgin Islands company, in its NIS1.4 billion ($361 million) bond issuance on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange
- Partner, 2018-present
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 2014-2018
- Debevoise & Plimpton, 2011-2014
- Greenberg Traurig, 2007-2011
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York