Aaron advises investment advisers, registered funds, private funds, fund directors and financial institutions on matters under the federal securities and banking laws.
He previously spent six years in the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Investment Management, ultimately as Branch Chief in the Chief Counsel's Office of the Division. His office was responsible for issuing no-action letters, interpretive letters and exemptive relief, as well as taking other staff positions. In this capacity, Aaron worked extensively with the SEC’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (now Division of Examinations) and Division of Enforcement on examinations and enforcement actions, with a focus on investment advisers and private funds.
In his time at the SEC, Aaron also served as Senior Counsel to the Director of the Division of Investment Management and was one of the Division's principal staff members on the Volcker Rule Interagency Group, focusing on covered fund issues.
- Senior Staff, American University Law Review
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 2019-present
- Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Investment Management, 2013-2019
- Chief Counsel's Office: Branch Chief, 2018-2019
- Acting Branch Chief, 2017
- Senior Counsel, 2013-2017
- Office of the Director: Senior Counsel to the Director, 2017-2018
- Associate, Stadley Ronon Stevens & Young, 2009-2013
- Congressional Aide, U.S. House of Representatives, 2003-2007
Qualifications and Admissions
- District of Columbia
- State of New York