On September 23, 2020, Davis Polk partner Tatiana Martins will speak at the American Conference Institute’s Anti-Corruption Brazil virtual conference. Martins will speak on the “Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and ‘Dirty’ Assets” panel.
Topics discussed will include:
- Opportunities and challenges in the sale of assets by companies that are or have been under investigation or have signed a prize-giving agreement
- Assessing what you buy: how investors can protect themselves from past wrongdoing by their targets
- Risk classification in mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures: screening of pre- and post-acquisition risks associated with due diligence, financing, corporate culture and more
- The prescription of the successor's responsibility: when to suspend trading and for how long
- How to assess anti-corruption risks when buying a whole company compared to just an individual component or part of a company's operations
For more information, visit the event website.