Registered Foreign Lawyer
Ms. Zheng is an associate in Davis Polk's Litigation Department, currently practicing as a Registered Foreign Lawyer in Hong Kong. Her practice focuses on regulatory and internal investigations of alleged FCPA violations and breaches of securities, anti-money laundry and sanctions laws. She also advises Fintech firms in relation to regulatory compliance.
Before joining Davis Polk in 2014, she spent two years in the Office of Legal Affairs at the United Nations Headquarters and four years at the International Court of Justice in The Hague working on inter-State disputes on various international law subjects.
Ms. Zheng’s work at Davis Polk includes
- Advising a global investment bank in relation to its hiring practices in Asia-Pacific in response to anti-corruption inquiries from multiple U.S. regulators
- Conducting internal investigation on behalf of a global professional firm into its hiring practices
- Advising a leading private equity firm and its Chinese portfolio company to conduct an internal review of their anti-corruption and AML compliance
- Conducting anti-corruption due diligence in connection with M&A transactions in various sectors such as health care, information technology and energy
- Conducting internal investigation on behalf of a global bank with respect to its compliance with sanctions requirements
- Advising a global bank in relation to its investment in a real estate joint venture in China
- Advising a global bank in relation to regulatory inquiries by the Financial Supervisory Commission of Taiwan (ROC)
- Advising a leading U.S. technology company on investigations in alleged Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations in the company’s procurement and marketing operations in China
- Advising a major state-owned enterprise in response to U.S. regulatory inquiries into sanctions and AML issues
- Conducting a comprehensive review of a major state-owned enterprise’s group-wide AML, CTF and sanctions compliance policies and procedures
- Advising cryptocurrency firms in relation to regulatory compliance questions
- Advising an international gaming company on legal compliance issues of its virtual payment tool for purchase of digital products
Before joining Davis Polk, Ms. Zheng worked on international legal disputes concerning territorial and maritime boundaries, human rights treaty obligations, trans-boundary environmental laws, treaty interpretation, illegal use of force and compensation for expropriation.
- Davis Polk since 2014
- Associate Legal Officer, International Court of Justice, United Nations, 2010-2014
Assistant Legal Officer, Codification Division of the Office of Legal Affairs, United Nations, 2009-2010