Mr. Tong is an associate in Davis Polk's Corporate Department, practicing in the London office. He advises corporate and investment banking clients on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions generally. He also provides advice on corporate governance matters and securities law and regulation.
Recent transactions have included advising:
- SS&C Technologies on its US$95 million acquisition of DST Global Solutions
- On the sale of Antares Holdings Limited to Qatar Insurance Company S.A.Q.
- The lenders in connection with the financing for STERIS’ US$1.9 billion acquisition of Synergy Health
- The underwriters on the US$828 million initial public offering of Abengoa Yield plc on NASDAQ
- Alexander Forbes on the US$310 million initial public offering of Alexander Forbes Group Holdings Limited on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
Before joining Davis Polk, Mr. Tong advised public and private companies, both listed in London and internationally, on a range of corporate activities, including:
- Old Mutual on the sale of its Nordic business operating under the Skandia brand
- Marine and General Mutual Life Assurance Society on the sale of its new business franchise; Lincs Wind Farm Limited on the sale of its offshore transmission assets
- Suffolk Life on the acquisition of a self-invested personal pension plan portfolio
- DONG Energy on the acquisition of Shell Gas Direct
- Davis Polk since 2014
- Slaughter and May, 2010-2013