Trevor I. Kiviat
Mr. Kiviat is an associate in Davis Polk’s Investment Management Group. His practice focuses on advising clients on the formation and operation of private investment funds, including private equity funds and hedge funds. He also regularly provides regulatory and compliance advice to his private fund clients.
In addition, Mr. Kiviat wrote the first widely read and cited academic paper distinguishing Bitcoin from blockchain technology. He advises clients on the novel strategic, operational and regulatory issues relating to digital currency-based businesses. He also has been cited in the media for his extensive knowledge of blockchain technology and has lectured on related topics at the International Monetary Fund and Duke University.
- Author of Beyond Bitcoin: Issues in Regulating Blockchain Transactions, 65 Duke L.J. 569
- Co-author of What Should Be Disclosed in an Initial Coin Offering?, Oxford University Press (2019)
- Co-author of Cryptocurrencies and Other Digital Assets for Asset Managers, Global Legal Insights: Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Regulation (2019 ed.)
- Co-author of The Current State of U.S. Public Cryptocurrency Funds, Public Investment Funds (2019 ed.)
- Co-author of The Current State of U.S. Public Cryptocurrency Funds, Public Investment Funds (2020 ed.)
- Davis Polk since 2016
- Teach for America, 2011-2013
Articles and Books
Cryptocurrency and Other Digital Asset Funds for U.S. Investors
Global Legal Insights - Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Regulation 2021, 3rd Ed.
Public Investment Funds 2020 | International Comparative Legal Guide: Public Investment Funds 2020, Third Edition
Cryptocurrency and Other Digital Assets for Asset Managers | Global Legal Insights - Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Regulation 2020, 2nd Ed.