Thomas J. Reid
Mr. Reid is the Managing Partner of Davis Polk.
Clients: ARM, AstraZeneca, Cairn India, Citigroup, Comcast, Intercontinental Hotels, Kinnevik, L-Brands, Millicom, Morgan Stanley, Novo Nordisk, Royal Bank of Scotland, Royal Dutch Shell Audit Committee, Telia Sonera, Tele 2 and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Mr. Reid is recognized as a leading lawyer in several legal industry publications, including:
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Merger & Acquisition Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Corporate Governance Lawyers
He was also recognized as a “BTI Client Service All-Star” in a survey of corporate counsel at Fortune 1000 organizations. Honorees are nominated through recommendations by more than 250 corporate counsel during interviews with BTI.
- Trustee and Secretary, The Morgan Library & Museum
- Managing Partner, 2011-present
- Head of Corporate, 2008-2011
- Partner, Davis Polk, 1995-2000; 2003-present
- Managing Director, Investment Banking Division, Morgan Stanley, 2000-2003
- Associate, 1987-1995
Articles and Books
Getting the Deal Through: Shareholder Activism & Engagement 2017 | Law Business Research Ltd.
Getting the Deal Through: Shareholder Activism & Engagement 2016
Law Business Research Ltd.