Sui Hang Hui
Mr. Hui is an associate in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department, resident in Hong Kong. His practice focuses on dispute resolution and advising on regulatory investigations and enforcement. Mr. Hui has also spent six months on secondment to the M&A team in our New York office.
From September 2016 to September 2017, Mr. Hui was a Judicial Assistant at the Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal, the highest appellate court in Hong Kong.
Mr. Hui has advised:
- A leading Chinese energy company in a US$100 million arbitration under HKIAC Rules and injunction proceedings before the High Court of Hong Kong
- A former director in MMT proceedings commenced by the SFC
- Investment banks and commercial banks in responding to investigations brought by regulators
- A global investment bank in relation to its hiring practices in Asia-Pacific in response to inquiries from multiple U.S. regulators
- A NASDAQ listed Chinese online gaming company in defending a claim in relation to a contractual dispute in Hong Kong
- The provisional liquidators of a Hong Kong listed company in removal applications made by creditors
- Ultra-high net worth individuals on “big money” estate or family-related disputes
- Davis Polk, 2014-2016; since 2017
- Judicial Assistant, Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal, 2016-2017