Stephen I. Brecher
Mr. Brecher is counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Executive Compensation Group. He advises public and private companies in matters involving executive compensation and employee benefits, including compliance with tax and securities laws and regulations. In addition, he advises clients with regard to the employee benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Mr. Brecher has significant experience designing equity-based compensation plans and awards, and represents executives and employers in the negotiation and drafting of employment and separation agreements.
State of New York
B.A., Political Science, CUNY Brooklyn College, 1996
- summa cum laude
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1999
- Counsel, Davis Polk, since 2018
- Special Counsel, Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, 2015-2018
- Attorney, Proskauer Rose LLP, 2005-2015
- Associate, Hahn & Hessen LLP, 2003-2005
- Associate, Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP, 1999-2003