Mr. Benham is a partner in Davis Polk's Corporate Department, practicing in the London office. He regularly advises on a wide range of corporate finance transactions with a particular focus on leveraged and investment-grade acquisition financings acting for borrowers and for debt providers at all levels of the capital structure. Mr. Benham has extensive experience advising on the financing of public company takeovers. He also acts in connection with financial restructurings for strategic debt investors.
Recent representations include advising:
- Financial advisers to Apollo Management IX on its proposed £3.3 billion acquisition of RPC Group plc
- The joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners in respect of a €375 million TLB, a $425 million TLB, a €330 million TLA and a €430 million revolving credit facility and the initial purchasers of €350 million senior notes for the Garrett Motion Group in connection with its spin-off from Honeywell International
- Comcast on the bridge and term loan financing for its £30.6 billion acquisition of Sky plc
- eDreams ODIGEO on its issuance of €425 million senior secured notes and entry into of a €175 million super senior revolving credit facility
- Temenos on the bridge financing for its proposed £1.4 billion acquisition of Fidessa Group plc
- The joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners on the $725 million financing for Roark Capital's acquisition of International Car Wash Group
- The joint lead arrangers and bookrunners on the $1.36 billion financing of Apollo’s acquisition of Lumileds Holding B.V. from Royal Philips
- Natura Cosméticos on the financing for its €1 billion acquisition of The Body Shop group
- Noble Clean Fuels on its $1 billion commodities-based revolving credit facility
- The arranger on the acquisition financing for Teledyne Technologies' £620 million acquisition of E2V Technologies plc
- The lead arrangers, bookrunners and initial note purchasers of the €535 million TLB, €240 million TLA and €300 million senior secured notes issued by Inovyn Finance plc
- Lazard as lead financial adviser to Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV on its £71 billion takeover of SABMiller plc
- The lead arrangers and underwriters of the $316 million TLB refinancing in connection with the merger of Bridon Limited with the global ropes and advanced cords business of NV Bekaert
- Temenos Group on its $500 million multicurrency revolving credit facility
- Czech Asset Management, L.P. as lender to certain portfolio companies of Platinum Equity, LLC
- Technicolor in connection with a $295 million incremental term loan facility and the repricing of a $763 million and €301 million term loan facility
- Solvay on the bridge financing for its $6.4 billion acquisition of Cytec Industries Inc.
- The joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners on the $4 billion bridge financing for CF Industries' $8 billion acquisition of certain subsidiaries of OCI N.V. and the amendment and restatement of CF Industries' $2 billion revolving credit facility
- Verisk Analytics on the bridge financing for its $2.8 billion acquisition of Wood Mackenzie from Hellman & Friedman
- Temenos Group on the bridge financing for its €235 million acquisition of Multifonds from Igefi
- Greenhill & Co as lead financial adviser to Ball Corporation on its £4.3 billion acquisition of Rexam plc
- The arrangers on the acquisition financing for Vista Equity Partners' £725 million acquisition of Advanced Computer Software Group plc
- The joint lead arrangers, joint bookrunners and administrative agent on the bridge financing for STERIS Corporation's acquisition of Synergy Health plc
- J.P. Morgan in connection with its sale of a portfolio of loans and other securities with an aggregate value of approximately $1.3 billion to Sankaty Advisors, LLC
Mr. Benham is recognized as a leading Banking & Finance lawyer in Chambers UK, Europe and Global, Legal 500 and IFLR.
Chambers - Clients praise him as “clever, technical and he understands the key issues well” and describe him as "an excellent technician." He is noted as being “particularly good at being fair and acknowledging both sides of the position. I'd put him absolutely at the top of my list of lawyers to recommend."
Legal 500 – noted for being “responsive and highly professional” and providing an “excellent service.”
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2014-present
- Partner, Ashurst, 2010-2013