Nancy Jackson Marchand
Ms. Marchand is counsel in Davis Polk’s Financial Institutions Group. Her practice focuses on financial remediation, corporate governance, and the implementation of resolution plans. She also has significant experience with the business and law of financial market utilities and with cross-border capital markets transactions.
Fluent in French and a dual citizen of France and the United States, Ms. Marchand was counsel in Davis Polk’s Paris office for five years prior to her appointment as a law professor at the Université Panthéon Assas – Paris 2, where she taught U.S. capital markets law and U.S. contracts law and practice until rejoining Davis Polk in 2015.
- Assists financial institutions with remediation of Federal Reserve Board and OCC supervisory actions
- Provides corporate governance advice to banks and bank holding companies
- Advises on clearance and settlement and other matters involving financial market utilities
- Assists U.S. and non-U.S. financial institutions on resolution plans with an emphasis on secured support agreements
- New York State Bar Association – Empire State Counsel designation for pro bono service, 2018
- Legal Aid Society – Pro Bono Publico Award, 2018
- Lecturer in U.S. Securities Law, Université Panthéon Assas – Paris 2
- Davis Polk, New York, since 2015
- Université Panthéon Assas – Paris 2, Associate Law Professor, 2003-2015
- Davis Polk, Paris, Counsel, 1998-2003
- Davis Polk, Associate, 1996-1997
- Sullivan & Cromwell, Senior Associate, 1993-1996
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Associate, 1986-1993