Nancy Jackson Marchand
Ms. Marchand is counsel in Davis Polk’s Financial Institutions Group. Her practice focuses on financial regulation, particularly the implementation of resolution strategies and the impact of regulatory reform on financial institutions. She also has extensive experience with the business and law of financial market utilities and with cross-border capital markets transactions.
Fluent in French and a dual citizen of France and the United States, Ms. Marchand was counsel in Davis Polk’s Paris office for five years prior to her appointment as a law professor at the University of Paris, where she taught U.S. capital markets law and U.S. contracts law and practice until rejoining Davis Polk in 2015.
State of New York
B.A., Political Science, Princeton University, 1981
- Phi Beta Kappa
- summa cum laude
J.D., UC Berkeley School of Law, 1986
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, The International Tax and Business Lawyer
- Davis Polk, New York, since 2015
- University of Paris, Associate Law Professor, 2003-2015
- Davis Polk, Paris, Counsel, 1998-2003
- Davis Polk, Associate, 1996-1997
- Sullivan & Cromwell, Senior Associate, 1993-1996
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Associate, 1986-1993