Nancy Jackson Marchand
Ms. Marchand is Pro Bono Counsel at Davis Polk. She works with lawyers across the firm to advise not-for-profit organizations, small businesses and entrepreneurs in transactional, corporate and financial matters on a pro bono basis. Outside of the corporate arena, Ms. Marchand’s pro bono work has focused on clemency and parole cases, asylum applications and anti-trafficking initiatives.
Fluent in French and a dual citizen of France and the United States, Ms. Marchand was a counsel in Davis Polk’s Paris office for five years prior to her appointment in 2003 as a law professor at Université Panthéon-Assas – Paris 2, where she taught U.S. contracts law and practice and U.S. capital markets law. She rejoined Davis Polk in 2015. Prior to focusing full-time on pro bono matters beginning in July 2020, Ms. Marchand was a counsel in the Financial Institutions Group working primarily on corporate governance matters and resolution plans under the Dodd-Frank Act.
- New York State Bar Association – Empire State Counsel designation for pro bono service, 2018
- Legal Aid Society – Pro Bono Publico Award, 2018
- Pro Bono Counsel, 2020-present
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 1998-2003 and 2015-2020
- Associate Law Professor, Université Panthéon-Assas - Paris 2, 2003-2015
- Associate, Davis Polk, 1996-1997
- Paris office, 1996-2003
- Senior Associate, Sullivan & Cromwell, 1993-1996
- Associate, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, 1986-1993