Michelle M. McGreal
Ms. McGreal is counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Restructuring Group. Since joining the firm in 2009, she has represented debtors, creditors, agent banks, lenders, and other strategic parties in a wide range of corporate restructurings, in and out of court.
- Arch Coal, Inc. and its affiliates on their chapter 11 cases
- Magnetation LLC and its affiliates on their chapter 11 cases
- James River Coal and its affiliates on their chapter 11 cases
- Patriot Coal and its affiliates on their chapter 11 cases
- The agent for, and lender under, the pre-petition senior secured credit facility and the debtor-in-possession financing facility in the chapter 11 cases of Coach America and certain of its affiliates
- The agent and arranger on an $800 million debtor-in-possession financing for A&P in A&P’s chapter 11 cases
- The agent and arranger on a $400 million receivables financing for YRC Worldwide in connection with an out-of-court restructuring.
- The co-lender on the out-of-court restructuring of $2.2 billion of debt issued by Highland Hospitality
- Turnaround Atlas Awards – “Corporate Turnaround of the Year” (Arch Coal reorganization), 2017
- Ms. McGreal has been recognized for her work by Law360.
- Contributing Author, Collier Bankruptcy Practice Guide
- Advisory Board Member, ABI Mid-Level Professional Development Conference
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Counsel, 2015
- Associate, 2009-2015
- Law Clerk, Hon. Stuart M. Bernstein, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, S.D. New York, 2007