Ms. Foster is an associate in Davis Polk's Corporate Department, practicing in the Tokyo office. A native English and fluent Japanese speaker, she joined the firm’s Tokyo office in 2016. She advises primarily on security offerings, cross-border M&A, and investigations and antitrust matters.
- Underwriters on Mizuho Financial Group’s SEC-registered notes offerings
- Sumitomo Life Insurance Company on its subordinated notes offering
- ORIX Corporation on its SEC-registered notes offering
- Sushiro Global Holdings on its IPO
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma on its acquisition of NeuroDerm
- Dai-ichi Life Holdings on its investment in and strategic cooperation with Janus Capital Group and Henderson Group
Selected representations before joining Davis Polk
- Hitachi Systems Limited on its acquisition of Cosmic Blue Team S.p.A., an Italian IT services company
- Hitachi Systems Limited on its acquisition of a majority stake in Micro Clinic India Pvt. Ltd., an Indian IT services company
- Hitachi Ltd. on its joint venture with Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Taisho Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. on its acquisition of a pharmaceutical product line held by Roche Holding Ltd. in the Philippines
- Underwriters on Sumitomo Life Insurance Company’s subordinated notes offering
- Underwriters on Olympus Corporation’s global offering
- SoftBank Corp. on its global offering
- Davis Polk since 2016