Ms. Chan is counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, resident in Hong Kong. Her practice focuses on a wide range of New York and Hong Kong debt capital market and credit transactions. Her recent representations include advising IDG Capital Partners in connection with an investment in SouFun Holdings Limited (NYSE: SFUN) and related secured loan financing and advising a PRC SOE on a secured loan to finance the acquisition of a Hong Kong licensed bank.
Debt Capital Markets
- The underwriters in connection with the debt offerings of, among others, AVIC International, China Orient Assets, China High Speed Transmission, Oceanwide Holdings, CIFI, Shui On, China Oriental, KWG, Fosun, Fufeng, Greentown, Golden Wheel Tiandi, Evergrande and Central China Real Estate
- China Cinda, Wanhua Chemicals, China Hongqiao, Bangkok Bank, Longfor, Mengniu, Sinochem, Renhe as issuer in connection with their debt offerings
- The trustee in connection with the debt offerings of Bank of Ceylon, the Republic of the Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and Sinopec
- The dealer manager in connection with the tender offer and consent solicitation of the senior notes of Oceanwide Holdings, Fosun and Shimao
- IDG Capital Partners and affiliates in connection with an investment in SouFun Holdings Limited (NYSE: SFUN) and related secured loan financing
- PRC state-owned enterprise on a secured loan to finance the acquisition of a Hong Kong licensed bank
- Strategic corporate buyer listed on HKEX in connection with a leveraged buyout of a U.S. corporate group, comprising first and second lien credit facilities of up to approximately $820 million
- Strategic corporate buyer listed on HKEX in connection with a buyout of a financially distressed corporate group and related debt restructuring, with outstanding English, New York, Hong Kong and PRC law governed debt of approximately RMB65 billion
- CITIC Capital Partners on a $330 million syndicated, five-year, senior secured term loan financing in connection with the $890 million going-private acquisition of Nasdaq-listed AsiaInfo-Linkage, Inc.
- Beams Power Investment on its English law governed US$55 million term loan facility arranged by Nomura Singapore. The term loan facility is secured by shares of Synutra International Inc.
- Shun Tak Holdings in connection with the aircraft procurement agreement and a number of related financing agreements between Qantas Airways and Jetstar Hong Kong
- Mongolian Mining Corporation as borrower in connection with its various secured credit facilities
- The administrative agent and lead arranger in connection with the $8 billion debtor-in-possession credit facilities established for Lyondell Chemical Company and affiliated debtors, the largest DIP financing in history, in 2009, and related exit financing in 2010
- The administrative agent under the $4.5 billion debtor-in-possession financing for Delphi Corporation, including in connection with the unprecedented credit bidding of the DIP facility claims in exchange for a substantial portion of Delphi's businesses
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York in connection with the establishment of the Term Asset Backed Securities Loan Facility (TALF) in 2009
- CNOOC on its $18.5 billion attempted acquisition of Unocal and relating debt financing
- Davis Polk since 2007
- Hong Kong office, 2010-present
- New York office, 2007-2010
- Herbert Smith Freehills, 2002-2007