Lawrence E. Wieman
Mr. Wieman is a partner in Davis Polk’s Credit Group. He represents borrowers and lenders in connection with secured and unsecured financings for U.S. and non-U.S. transactions. He also advises lenders and financially distressed borrowers on workouts and debt restructurings, various clients on senior and subordinated financing for contested and friendly acquisitions, and financial institutions, investment funds and other clients with respect to structured products and the credit and insolvency risks involved in cross-border securities and derivatives transactions and related collateral arrangements.
- $13.4 billion amended and restated revolving credit facility for Ford Motor Company
- $4 billion term loan facility and amended $3 billion revolving credit facility for Freeport McMoRan Inc.
- $2.5 billion revolving credit facility and term extension for Computer Sciences Corporation
- $1 billion amended and restated secured revolving credit facility for L Brands, Inc.
- $925 million secured credit facility for BATS Global Markets’ acquisition of Hotspot FX Holdings, LLC
- $410 million unsecured syndicated revolving credit facility for ORIX Corporation
- Western Refining, Inc. in connection with its senior secured asset-based revolving credit facility and senior secured revolving credit facilities for MLPs controlled by Western Refining
Mr. Wieman has been recognized as a leading lawyer in various industry publications:
- Chambers Global – Banking & Finance: USA
- Chambers USA – Banking & Finance: USA
- IFLR1000 U.S. – Banking: Bank Lending
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York County Lawyers Association
- Partner, 1992-present
- Associate, 1985-1992
- London office, 1987-1989
- Washington DC office, 1985-1987
Law Clerk, Hon. Amalya L. Kearse, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1984-1985
- Law Clerk, Hon. Amalya L. Kearse, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1984-1985