Laura C. Turano
Ms. Turano is an associate in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department. Her practice includes advising strategic and private equity clients on U.S. and international mergers and acquisitions, including public and private company transactions, and on shareholder activism, defensive and corporate governance matters. She also provides general corporate and securities law advice.
- Williams Partners on the proposed $1.125 billion acquisition of the Williams Four Corners Area Business by Harvest Midstream
- Goldman Sachs' merchant banking division on its acquisition of Boyd Corporation
- VF Corporation on the acquisition of the Nautica Brand Business by Authentic Brands Group
- CSX's settlement with Mantle Ridge and its simultaneous hiring of a new CEO
- ABB on its $2.6 billion acquisition of GE’s industrial solutions business
- PharMerica Corporation on its $1.4 billion acquisition by a newly created company controlled by KKR, with Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. as a minority investor
- Baker Hughes on its combination with GE Oil & Gas, joint venture of its pressure pumping business and proposed $38 billion sale to Halliburton
- ExxonMobil on its $2.5 billion acquisition of InterOil
- C1 Financial on its $402 million acquisition by Bank of the Ozarks
- AstraZeneca on its $2.7 billion acquisition of ZS Pharma
- SS&C on its $425 million acquisition of Citigroup’s alternative investor services business
- Bio-Reference Laboratories on its $1.47 billion acquisition by OPKO Health
- Mitsubishi Leasing on its acquisition of Jackson Square Aviation, Engine Lease Finance Corporation and Beacon Intermodal Leasing
- CNOOC on its $17.9 billion acquisition of Nexen
- Various matters for other clients including: Ameren, Atairos Group, AVIC Capital, Comcast, ConAgra, Crestview Partners, CSX Transportation, the Hispanic Society of America, Hyosung, Lincoln Center, Sterling Equities and Tailwind Capital
- Member, Young Lawyers Committee, Women in Law Empowerment Forum
- Davis Polk since 2012
Articles and Books
Getting the Deal Through: Shareholder Activism & Engagement 2018 | Law Business Research Ltd.
Getting the Deal Through: Editor Q&A - Shareholder Activism & Engagement 2017 | Law Business Research Ltd.