Mr. So is counsel in Davis Polk's Litigation Department, resident in Hong Kong. He has a broad civil and commercial disputes practice, and in particular has extensive experience in areas such as banking, company (including joint venture and shareholder disputes), insolvency, trusts and estates, employment and real estate.
Mr. So also has an active white collar practice, advising on criminal prosecutions and investigations by different regulators and authorities (including the Securities and Futures Commission, the Commercial Crime Bureau and the Independent Commission Against Corruption). His regular clients include leading international investment banks, large corporations and ultra-high net worth individuals (both in Hong Kong and the PRC).
Mr. So has advised:
- On a wide range of complex commercial litigation before the Hong Kong Courts, including shareholder and joint venture disputes, disputes involving listed companies, insolvency litigation, employment disputes and property-related disputes
- Investment banks and commercial banks in responding to investigations brought by regulators (often with cross-border elements)
- Professional trustee companies on disputes with cross-border elements, and on administration of trust in general
- Ultra-high net worth individuals on “big money” estate or family-related disputes, and on administration of estates in general (often with cross-border elements)
- Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific – Commercial and Transactions: Hong Kong, Future Star, 2018
- Davis Polk since 2017
- Clifford Chance, 2009-2017
- Mayer Brown JSM, 2007-2009