Kelley L. O'Mara
Ms. O’Mara is an associate in Davis Polk's Financial Institutions Group, practicing in the Washington DC office. She advises financial institutions on the impact and implementation of regulatory reforms, mergers and acquisitions, and compliance with regulatory enforcement actions. Her practice focuses on banking regulation and she provides advice relating to the Bank Holding Company Act, including the Volcker Rule, the Home Owners’ Loan Act, the National Bank Act, and various other statutes and regulations applicable to banks, thrifts, and holding companies.
Before joining Davis Polk, Ms. O’Mara was a consultant at McKinsey & Company where she worked on project teams providing advice to clients in the financial services, retail, and information technology industries on a variety of strategic and financial issues.
Bank Regulatory Advice
- A global financial institution regarding ongoing compliance with regulatory consent order
- Frequent advice to clients on authority and control matters under banking law
- Frequent advice to U.S. and non-U.S. financial institutions on the impact and implementation of the Dodd-Frank Act
- TIAA in its acquisition of EverBank Financial Corp., a novel transaction by one of the nation’s largest insurance companies and asset managers
- Bank SinoPac on the sale of its U.S. subsidiary, SinoPac Bancorp, to Cathay General Bancorp
- State Street Corporation on its acquisition of General Electric Asset Management, which added over $100 billion in assets to State Street’s AUM
- Davis Polk since 2014
- Teach for America, 2009-2011
McKinsey & Co., 2007-2009