John (JW) Perry
Mr. Perry is a partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Credit Group. His practice covers a wide range of transaction types, focusing on the representation of borrowers, lenders and private equity sponsors in domestic and international leveraged acquisition and asset-based lending transactions.
His sponsor clients have included Tailwind Capital Partners, Loews Corporation, Lightyear Capital, Cornell Capital, Metalmark Capital, Crestview Partners, Madison Dearborn Partners and Brookfield Capital Partners. He has represented administrative agents and arrangers in connection with asset-based financings for United States Steel Corporation, XPO Logistics, Cliffs Natural Resources, Federal Mogul and numerous leveraged buyout transactions.
- Loews Corporation in connection with financings for its approximately $1.2 billion acquisition of Consolidated Container Company from Bain Capital Private Equity
- Ankura Consulting, a Madison Dearborn portfolio company, in connection with financing for its acquisition of numerous lines of business from Navigant Consulting
- Tailwind Capital Partners in connection with financings for a number of acquisitions and investments, including Lieberman Research Worldwide, Colony Hardware, Stratix Corporation, Dermarite Industries, Cumming Group, AmeriFleet Transportation, Distinct Holdings, Edenbridge Pharmaceuticals, Applications Software Technology, Lone Peak, HMT, Smith Cooper, Abode Healthcare and Core BTS, along with several tack-on acquisitions relating thereto
- Lightyear Capital in connection with financings for a number of acquisitions and investments, including eComm, Datalot, HPM Partners and Therapy Brands
- The administrative agent in connection with the $1.5 billion asset-based revolving credit facility for United States Steel Corporation
- The administrative agent in connection with the $2.65 billion in asset-based revolver, term loan and bridge financings for Advent’s investment in inVentiv Health
- The administrative agent in connection with the $635 million of asset-based revolver and term loan financings for Apax’s acquisition of Quality Distribution
- The administrative agent in connection with the $235 million of asset-based and term loan financings for Bain Capital Private Equity’s acquisition of Blue Nile, Inc.
Other Notable Representations
- The arrangers in connection with the $61 billion bridge financing for Verizon Communications Inc.’s purchase of Verizon Wireless
- The administrative agent for the senior credit facility lenders in connection with the comprehensive restructuring of the capital structure of the Mashantucket (Western) Pequot Tribe, owners of the Foxwoods Resort Casino
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York in connection with $3.2 billion of secured financings for International Lease Finance Corporation
- Partner, Davis Polk since 2017
- Associate, 2007-2013; Counsel, 2013-2017, Davis Polk
- Associate, Bryan Cave, 2005-2007