Mr. Cot is counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Paris office. His practice focuses on the antitrust aspects of large M&A transactions and has worked on a number of matters for Rhodia, Virbac, Lacoste and Areva, among many other clients. As antitrust/competition counsel, he works regularly with French and EU authorities on antitrust and competition issues and regularly litigates before the French Competition Council and the Paris Court of Appeals. Mr. Cot has been appointed as non-governmental adviser to the French antitrust agency as member of the International Competition Network – the international body devoted exclusively to competition law enforcement – whose members comprise national and multinational competition authorities.
He practiced in Shearman & Sterling’s Paris office since 2002 and headed the firm’s Paris-based competition practice.
- Solvay on its pending €1.6 billion divestment of its polyamides business to BASF (2017)
- SUEZ on its acquisition of GE Water & Process Technologies
- Caisse des Dépôts et Consignation in connection with a renegotiation of the alliance between CNP Assurances, a portfolio company of the Caisse des dépôts, BPCE/Natixis
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 2011-present
- European Counsel, Shearman & Sterling, 2002-2011
Articles and Books
Acquisition par un concurrent | Concurrences, N° 2-2010, pp. 110-112
Compétence de la Commission | Concurrences, N° 4-2010, pp. 162-164
Contrôle des concentrations
Panorama de la pratique décisionnelle de l’Autorité de la concurrence en 2010 | Concurrences, N° 1-2011, pp. 58-66