Dr. Corner is European counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the London office. His practice focuses on advising corporate and investment banking clients on securities listings and offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
He also advises on corporate governance matters and corporate and securities law and regulation, with extensive experience in advising on the U.K. Listing, Prospectus, Disclosure and Transparency Rules, U.K. Corporate Governance Code and the Market Abuse Regulation.
Before joining Davis Polk, recent work highlights included advising:
- Initial public offerings (for the issuer) of Hastings Insurance, Misys (aborted), Poundland, Partnership Assurance and SSP
- The sponsors and underwriters on the IPOs of Arrow Global, DFS, Hellermann Tyton, Pure Gym (aborted) and Worldplay
- The sponsors and underwriters on rights issues by Barclays, Laird and Lamprell, open offers by AA and Non-Standard Finance and a cash placing by Pennon
- The sponsors on the demergers of Gocompare from esure and Indivior from Reckitt Benckiser, and on the step-ups of C&C, Entertainment One, Smurfit Kappa and TBC Bank from standard to premium listings
- The U.K. government on the sales of its shares in Lloyds, Royal Bank of Scotland and Royal Mail, and the implementation of a trading plan for Lloyds’ shares
- Various selling shareholders, issuers and underwriters on secondary sale block trades
- Clarkson on its reverse takeover of RS Platou, readmission and cashbox placing
- Financial News – “40 under 40 Rising Stars in Legal Services,” 2014
- European Counsel, Davis Polk since 2017
- Associate, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, 2013-2017
- Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills, 2007-2013