Ms. Chen is an associate in Davis Polk's Corporate Department, practicing in the Intellectual Property and Technology Transactions Group. She advises clients on intellectual property, technology and media-related issues arising from corporate and commercial transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, licensing and development arrangements, joint ventures and collaborations, financings, restructurings and capital market offerings.
With a degree in Biological and Environmental Engineering and a minor in Biomedical Engineering, Ms. Chen has extensive experience in counseling pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies on a variety of transactions, including licensing agreements, research and development agreements, collaboration agreements and product and intellectual property acquisitions/divestitures.
She also regularly advises on intellectual property and technology matters for a wide range of clients including technology companies, media and telecommunication companies, financial institutions and fashion companies.
Ms. Chen has a particular focus on negotiating and drafting intellectual property and other commercial agreements, including licensing agreements, research and development agreements, manufacturing agreements, supply and distribution agreements and trademark co-existence agreements.
- Roche’s acquisition of Tensha Therapeutics, Inc.
- AstraZeneca’s acquisition of ZS Pharma
- Shire’s sale of its mRNA platform to RaNA Therapeutics
- IPOs of Editas Medicine and AC Immune
- Tory Burch in connection with various internal licensing and design agreements
- V.F. Corporation’s sale of its Contemporary Brands businesses to Delta Galil Industries
- Solvay in connection with its buyout of its joint venture with Eastman Chemical Company
- SS&C Technologies acquisition of Conifer Financial Services
- Davis Polk since 2015