Anthony I. Fenwick
Mr. Fenwick is a partner in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department, practicing in Northern California. He has extensive experience litigating patent infringement and other intellectual property cases, as well as complex commercial disputes concerning technology-related issues.
Mr. Fenwick has handled matters spanning a wide variety of industry sectors and technologies, including telecommunications, data and video networks and services; minimally invasive surgical devices for endovenous ablation; search engines and database applications; social networking systems; monoclonal antibodies; enzyme development; ethanol production; flash memory devices; FPGAs and IC design verification systems; semiconductor cache memory architectures; and patented business methods. Mr. Fenwick has substantial jury and bench trial experience.
- Comcast in patent cases around the country, including in federal district courts in Delaware, Texas, California, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Florida, Kansas and New York, and before the U.S. International Trade Commission and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- VNUS Medical Technologies in patent infringement litigation in connection with minimally invasive surgical procedures to treat veinous reflux disease (the cause of varicose veins)
- Yahoo! in patent infringement litigation filed by Xerox Corporation asserting that certain of Yahoo!'s Internet advertising services infringed Xerox patents
Mr. Fenwick has been recognized for his work by legal industry publications, including:
- Benchmark Litigation
- The Legal 500 U.S.
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2007-present
- Partner, Latham & Watkins, Silicon Valley office, 2000-2007
- Associate, Latham & Watkins, 1992-1999
- Law Clerk, Hon. William Matthew Byrne, Jr., U.S. District Court, C.D. California, 1991-1992