Davis Polk’s global arbitration practice includes lawyers across North America, Europe and Asia. With our worldwide platform, we provide seamless advice to clients and are equipped to handle international disputes under the laws of any country.
EXCEPTIONAL CLIENT FOCUS
Our integrated team of world-class litigators has in-depth:
- Commercial understanding of the relevant industry sector;
- Knowledge of the law applicable to the dispute;
- Experience with the arbitral process; and
- Technical (nonlegal) knowledge.
We are highly skilled in using the unique features of arbitration to successfully achieve the business goals of clients.
DEPTH OF PRACTICE
We routinely handle cross-border commercial disputes in connection with joint ventures, corporate transactions or IP rights, suitability claims against brokerage firms, as well as investor-state disputes, including claims of expropriations.
EXPERIENCE IN KEY LOCATIONS
Our litigators advise clients under all major arbitration rules and are experienced in a vast range of venues, including the:
- International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”)
- American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and its International Centre for Dispute Resolution (“ICDR”)
- London Court of International Arbitration (“LCIA”)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (“UNCITRAL”)
- French Arbitration Committee (“CFA”)
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (“ICSID”)
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”)
- Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (“SCC”)
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (“HKIAC”)
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (“CIETAC”)
We pride ourselves on working with clients to design the most effective, intelligent approach to the resolution of a matter.