Davis Polk’s cybersecurity and data privacy practice brings together lawyers with deep experience in multiple areas of the law to assist clients with the ever-expanding range of cybersecurity and data privacy issues. Our team includes lawyers with significant government tenure—including at the Federal Trade Commission, Department of Justice and FBI. We provide technology, media and biotechnology companies and financial institutions, among our other clients, with comprehensive counseling, including:
- Preparing for, and responding to, cyber incidents such as data breaches and ransomware attacks, including by assessing regulatory and contractual notification obligations, responding to regulatory inquiries and investigations and providing representation in civil litigation;
- Providing cybersecurity and data privacy advice in connection with mergers and acquisitions and other commercial transactions, regarding diligence, risk allocation and transaction structuring implications;
- Drafting cybersecurity and data privacy disclosures in connection with IPOs and other capital markets offerings and ongoing reporting obligations;
- Providing advice on compliance with cybersecurity and data privacy laws and regulations, and industry and enforcement trends; and
- Providing policy advice and representation before federal and state legislatures on pending bills and other privacy-related issues.
Focused commentary on the latest in cybersecurity preparedness, regulatory compliance and incident response
Read Cyber Blog