Davis Polk is a leader in the class action arena, representing some of the world’s largest, most influential corporations and individuals against the most significant class actions across a variety of areas.
Our skilled litigators represent clients in complex, consolidated and multidistrict litigation – in both state and federal proceedings – offering a wide breadth of experience in:
- Representing numerous clients in consolidated, multidistrict litigation (“MDL”) and parallel state and federal class actions
- Acting as national coordinating counsel in class actions and working with lawyers around the country
- Negotiating settlements to resolve class actions at the optimum time in the life of a case
- Building a strong record of success in defeating class certification in class action lawsuits
- Calling upon significant trial experience and regularly achieving remarkable results that others have failed to obtain
Class actions regularly raise issues that extend beyond the legal defense at trial to the business effects on financing, financial reporting, corporate governance, insurance coverage, future corporate transactions and communications to shareholders – all areas in which our lawyers have significant experience.