Davis Polk received 13 nominations for Asian Legal Business’ 2021 China Law Awards. The awards recognize the excellence and outstanding achievements of China’s leading law firms and in-house legal teams as well as the top deals and dealmakers of the past year. In addition to multiple nominations for firm awards, several deals on which Davis Polk advised were named “Deal of the Year” finalists in their respective categories.
The firm’s nominations include:
- SSQ Award International Law Firm of the Year
- Capital Markets Law Firm of the Year – Overseas
- Dealmaker of the Year – International – Howard Zhang
- Debt Market Deal of the Year - Midsize: iQIYI, Inc.’s offshore notes offering
- Debt Market Deal of the Year - Midsize: Tencent Music Entertainment Group US$800 Million Debut SEC-Registered Notes Offering
- Debt Market Deal of the Year-Premium: Baidu Inc.'s Issuance of US$1 billion Bonds
- Debt Market Deal of the Year-Premium: Meituan’s US$2 billion senior note offering
- Equity Market Deal of the Year-Midsize: Hepalink’s $532 million Hong Kong IPO
- Equity Market Deal of the Year-Midsize: Kingsoft Cloud's approximately US$551.31 million U.S. IPO
- Equity Market Deal of the Year-Premium: KE Holdings Inc. ’s US$2.1 billion U.S. IPO
- Equity Market Deal of the Year-Premium: NetEase’s Secondary Listing in Hong Kong
- M&A Deal of the Year – Premium: Huya and DouYu’s Merger
- M&A Deal of the Year – Premium: 58.com’s US$8.7 billion take-private deal
The ALB China awards will be presented on May 20, 2021, in Beijing.