Yang has deep experience representing leading issuers and investment banks in capital market transactions, with a particular focus on IPOs and secondary listings, including headline-making first HKEX deals for pre-revenue biotech companies, dual-class share structures and secondary listings. After the IPO, Yang is a trusted adviser to HKEX-listed companies on complex disclosure, compliance and corporate governance issues.
His experience in debt capital markets covers the spectrum, from high-yield and credit-enhanced bond offerings and private placements to multi-billion-dollar debt programmes for China’s leading corporates.
Yang also advises leading Chinese corporates and global PE funds on cross-border investments and acquisitions, including Hong Kong public takeovers. He is the co-author of the Hong Kong chapter of Getting the Deal Through: Private M&A.
IPOs & Direct Listings
- Baidu HK$23.9 billion IPO and secondary listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- NetEase HK$20.9 billion secondary listing and IPO on HKEX
- Tigermed HK$10.7 billion IPO and Hong Kong listing
- New Horizon Health HK$2.04 billion IPO
- InnoCare Pharma HK$3.04 billion share placement
- Akeso HK$1.19 billion share placement
- Innovent Biologics HK$4.73 billion placement of shares
- Venus Medtech HK$1.4 billion placing of new H shares
- Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group $500 million guaranteed bond offering
- Shandong Hi-Speed Group $2 billion MTN program and $800 million drawdown
- China Cinda Asset Management $2 billion MTN program and offering
- DFZQ $2.5 billion MTN programme and S$200 million drawdown
- China South City Holdings $120 million high-yield notes reopening
- Dexin China Holdings $150 million high-yield notes reopening
- Ronshine China Holdings $150 million high-yield notes offering
- Fantasia Holdings Group $150 million high-yield notes offering
- Partner, 2019-present
- Counsel, 2017-2019
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2011-2017
- Slaughter and May, 2007-2011