Philip T. Sheng
Represents clients in complex intellectual property disputes before the International Trade Commission, federal district and appellate courts, and state courts.
Philip has represented clients before the International Trade Commission, federal district and appellate courts, and state courts, in matters related to life sciences and pharmaceuticals, telecommunications, semiconductor integrated circuits, smartphone and tablet displays, and related technologies.
Earlier in his career, Philip served as a law clerk to the chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, which has exclusive, nationwide appellate jurisdiction over cases arising under the patent laws. He was also a professionally ranked tennis player on the ATP Tour, and he is currently a member of the National Leadership Council of the Positive Coaching Alliance.
- Termination of patent infringement case against Comcast and NBCUniversal
- Trial victory in patent infringement case for Magnolia Medical Technologies
- Signify Health defeats bid for preliminary injunction in trade-secret dispute
- Magnolia Medical Technologies patent litigation against Kurin
- Global resolution for Comcast in multiple patent litigations by Rovi/TiVo
- Signify Health trade-secret case against CareCentrix
- Successful ITC defense for TSMC, MediaTek and Qualcomm
- Counsel, 2020-present
- Davis Polk since 2016
Qualifications and admissions
- State of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, C.D. California
- U.S. District Court, S.D. California