Joseph P. Hadley
As chairman of our Finance practice, Joe advises clients on a wide variety of complex corporate and structured finance matters. He has extensive experience in both the debt capital and syndicated loan markets.
In recent years, Joe has acted as counsel to either the borrower or lender in connection with numerous financings, including with respect to corporate banking facilities, leveraged acquisitions, recapitalizations, exchange offers and debt restructuring matters.
Joe frequently advises on project and corporate financings for companies engaged in industries including mining, electricity generation, renewable energy, petrochemicals, wireless communications, pulp and paper, oil and gas upstream and downstream activities, hotels and gaming.
- $5.7 billion 364-day senior unsecured bridge term loan facility and $2.5 billion senior unsecured term loan facility for Tyson Foods, Inc.’s acquisition of The Hillshire Brands Company
- $2.8 billion Term B loans refinancing for Royalty Pharma Investments under their existing $6.4 billion senior secured loan facilities
- $1.75 billion amended and restated unsecured revolving credit facility for Verisk Analytics, Inc.’s acquisition of Wood Mackenzie from Hellman & Friedman
Project Finance Representations
- $320 million term loan B credit facility and $75 million letter of credit facility for Northeast Wind Capital II, LLC, used to refinance Northeast Wind's existing corporate and project financings, including the wind energy projects operated by Northeast Wind's subsidiaries
- $300 million senior secured first-lien credit facility, $160 million incremental credit facility and $380 million offering of second-lien notes by ROC Finance LLC, a subsidiary of Rock Ohio Caesars, used to finance the development of full-scale casino projects in Cleveland and Cincinnati, Ohio
- $300 million limited recourse bridge loans and $2 billion limited recourse senior secured notes offering for Delek Drilling LP and Avner Oil Exploration LP
- $204 million notes offering and $95 million amended and restated secured bridge credit facility for Energia Eolica S.A. in connection with the development, construction and operation of two wind farms in Northern Peru
- $127 million acquisition of the 150 megawatt (MW) Amazon Wind Farm (Fowler Ridge) project in Indiana from Pattern Energy Group LP by Pattern Energy
- $7.5 billion amended and restated revolving credit facility for Duke Energy Corporation
- $857.5 million first-lien senior secured term loan facility, $50 million incremental first-lien senior secured term loan facility and $300 million second-lien senior secured term loan facility for Advantage Sales & Marketing, Inc.
- $750 million senior secured term loan credit facility for Verso Paper Holdings LLC’s acquisition of NewPage Holdings, Inc.
- $330 million term loan facility for Empresa Eléctrica Guacolda S.A., a joint venture between AES Gener S.A. and Global Infrastructure Partners
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Teaching Fellow
- Partner, 1996-present
- Associate, 1987-1996
- London office, 1989-1991