Associate in our Corporate practice, based in London.
James has experience in a broad range of corporate law matters, including equity financings, public and private M&A and general corporate advisory matters.
Before joining Davis Polk, key transactions James advised on included:
- Fortress on its £6.3 billion recommended cash offer for Morrisons
- HPS Investment Partners on its acquisition of Barclays’ asset finance business
- William Hill on its £2.9 billion cash takeover by Caesars Entertainment
- De La Rue on its £100 million turnaround capital raising
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group on its acquisition of TT International
- SEGRO on its rights issue to raise £573 million, its placing to raise £451 million and its secondary listing on Euronext Paris
- first-class honours
- Davis Polk since 2021
- Slaughter and May, 2014-2021
Qualifications and admissions
- England and Wales