Jai R. Massari
Advises on the requirements, impact and implementation of financial regulation, including for digital assets and cryptocurrency.
Jai is a member of our Financial Institutions and Fintech practices. Major global banks, asset managers and corporations look to Jai for advice on the requirements, impact and implementation of financial regulation. In the area of digital assets and cryptocurrency, she advises financial institutions, fintech firms, technology companies and startups on a wide range of legal and regulatory considerations.
Individual firms and industry organizations work with Jai in connection with advocacy efforts on legislative and regulatory proposals.
Law360 named Jai a “Fintech MVP of the Year” in 2021. She is ranked by Chambers for financial services regulation and for work in fintech. In 2020, Global Banking Regulation Review named Jai to its inaugural list of "45 Under 45.”
Jai is a member of Law360’s 2021 Fintech Editorial Advisory Board. She serves on the Global Advisory Board of the Women in Law Empowerment Forum and has been a visiting lecturer at Berkeley Law School since 2017.
Jai has been active in providing regulatory advice to:
- Financial institutions, asset managers, and trading platforms on derivatives regulations and the Volcker Rule
- Cryptocurrency firms, financial institutions and asset managers on the full range of regulatory requirements for digital asset and cryptocurrency activities, including securities and derivatives, banking, money services, cryptocurrency specific laws (like the Bitlicense) and financial crimes considerations
- Global stablecoin arrangements and their participants on financial regulatory and transactional matters
- A wide range of clients on regulatory considerations for fintech and cryptocurrency product structures and transactional matters, including capital markets and M&A
- Trade organizations and individual clients on legislative and regulatory advocacy on financial regulation, fintech and cryptocurrency topics
Law360 – “Fintech MVP of the Year,” 2021
Chambers FinTech – Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies, USA
Chambers USA – Financial Services Regulation: Broker Dealer (Compliance)
Chambers USA – Derivatives
Global Banking Regulation Review – "45 Under 45," 2020
- cum laude
- Executive Editor, Law & Contemporary Problems
- Partner, 2017-present
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2011-2017
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher, 2007-2011
Qualifications and Admissions
- District of Columbia
- State of California