Christopher M. Paridon
Chris provides both strategic and targeted bank regulatory and financial regulatory reform advice on a wide variety of matters. He also advises on bank M&A and capital markets transactions involving financial institutions, and on regulatory enforcement actions. As a member of our Fintech practice, he has advised clients on bank regulatory considerations for numerous fintech investments.
Clients benefit from Chris’s government experience, including in the Legal Division of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. At the Fed, he concentrated on the regulation of banks and bank holding companies, including the implementation of the Volcker Rule and other provisions of the Dodd-Frank Act. He also advised on mergers and acquisitions involving banks, bank holding companies and nonbanking subsidiaries.
Chris also has experience with private equity investments in banks and bank holding companies, as well as with restrictions on inter-affiliate transactions within organizations.
Bank Regulatory and Financial Regulatory Reform
- Advised many U.S. and non-U.S. financial institutions, including many of the largest domestic and international banks and regional banks, on the impact and implementation of the Dodd-Frank Act
- Advised 5 of the 8 U.S. G-SIBs on a joint comment letter and advocacy regarding the Federal Reserve's and OCC's proposed rules on qualified financial contracts
- Advised several U.S. G-SIBs on various aspects of their resolution plans required under Section 165(d) of the Dodd-Frank Act
Mergers & Acquisitions/Capital Markets
- State Street Corporation on its acquisition of General Electric Asset Management, which added over $100 billion in assets to State Street’s AUM.
- China Cinda Asset Management Co., Ltd. on its HK$68 billion acquisition of Nanyang Commercial Bank, Limited
- Banco Santander on its proposed joint venture with UniCredit and Warburg Pincus consisting of the global asset management businesses of Santander Asset Management and Pioneer Global Asset Management, with approximately €353 billion in AUM (Note: As of July 31, 2016, the proposed JV agreement between Santander and UniCredit has been terminated)
- Morgan Stanley in connection with its $1.5 billion SEC-registered offering of 1,500,000 depositary shares
- Articles Editor, Boston University International Law Journal
- with departmental honors
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 2014-present
- Legal Division, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, 2008-2014
- Counsel, Government Relations, American Bankers Association, 2006-2007
- Attorney-Advisor, Office of the General Counsel, U.S. Department of Commerce, 2004-2006
Qualifications and admissions
- District of Columbia
- State of Maryland