Betty M. Huber
Betty is co-head of our ESG and Environmental practices. For over two decades, she has provided advice in hundreds of M&A and capital markets transactions, as well as governance, disclosure and other regulatory advice to public and private equity companies.
A former member of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Advisory Council, Betty is a widely recognized authority on ESG and governance issues. She is a frequent author and a speaker for organizations including the American Law Institute, the American Bar Association, Environmental Law Institute, New York City Bar, the Practising Law Institute and the Society for Corporate Governance.
Betty is ranked in Band 1 among environmental lawyers by Chambers USA, where sources describe her as “dynamic, commercial, smart and detail-oriented” and “one of the absolute best in the field.” She guest lectures on ESG matters at law schools including University of Virginia and University of Florida.
Mergers & Acquisitions / Private Equity
- Cornell Capital on its acquisitions of CardioSolution, HC Staffing Group and trustaff Management
- Bridgepoint Capital on its acquisition of Sun World International
- CSX on its acquisition of New England’s Pan Am Railways
- VF Corporation on its acquisition of Supreme Holdings, Inc.
- Gilead Sciences on its acquisition of Immunomedics
- Schlumberger $500 million notes offering
- Livent Corporation $225 million green convertible senior notes offering
- General Motors Company $4 billion senior notes offering
ESG / Corporate Governance
- Advice to various mega-cap and large-cap companies and their boards on their ESG/CSR reporting, human capital resource disclosure and ESG, human rights and ethics policies
- Articles Editor, New York University Annual Survey of American Law
- cum laude
- Counsel, 2004-present
- Co-Head, ESG practice, 2019-present
- Co-Head, Environmental practice, 2011-present
- Associate, 1996-2004