Davis Polk partner Timothy Graulich was among the speakers at American Bankruptcy Institute’s Cross-Border Insolvency program. Graulich spoke on the “Cross-Border Avoidance Transactions” panel. Topics discussed include:
- The similarities and differences among local avoidance regimes
- Challenges facing suppliers dealing across borders
- Issues encountered in attempting to enforce cross-border avoidance judgments
- The scope by which bankruptcy courts may (and may not) adjudicate avoidance actions under chapter 15
- How avoidance actions are administered pursuant to the European Insolvency Regulation and Canadian insolvency legislation
The program was held on November 7, 2017, in Davis Polk’s New York office.
For more information, please visit the event website.