Davis Polk partners Randall Guynn and Timothy Graulich will be among the speakers at the IBA Annual Conference Washington 2016 Program.
Guynn will serve as co-chair to the “Is the European Banking Union Keeping its Promises?” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- Taking Stock of the Development of the European Banking Union: Supervision, Resolution, Deposit Insurance
- Challenges for the Euro Area’s Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) for Significant and Less Significant Banks
- How the SSM Compare with the U.S. System of Banking Supervision and Regulation
- Is the Euro Area’s Single Resolution Mechanism (SRM) Ready to Fend off the Next Banking Crisis?
- Status and Challenges in Global Coordination of Bank Resolution
- Does Europe need a Common Deposit Insurance System?
Graulich will serve as co-moderator to the “Oil, Gas and Mining Insolvencies: Digging Out of the Hole” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- The Reasons Behind the Current Crisis and Whether there is Any Light at the End of the Tunnel
- Ways to Tackle Various Issues Related to Mine/Oil/Gas Insolvencies
- How Stakeholders Have Considered the Situation and Potential Scenarios, and Found Remedies from Their Perspectives
The event will be held September 18-23, 2016, in Washington DC.
For more information, please visit the event website.