Davis Polk partner Margaret Tahyar will be among the speakers at ACI’s Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Forum on FinTech and Emerging Payments Systems. Tahyar will speak on “A Survey of the Different Licensing and Chartering Options for FinTechs: Finding the Best Fit for Your Company” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- Closely examining the different licensing/chartering options for FinTech companies:
–– OCC Fintech Charter / license as a Special Purpose Bank
–– Partnering with a retail bank
–– Licensed Money Transmitter
–– State Trust Company Charter
–– Industrial Loan Company Charter
- Assessing the regulatory implications, compliance challenges and costs, and operational considerations surrounding each of these options
- What should banks and Fintechs consider before they partner?
–– Assessing the positives and negatives of choosing the bank partnership model?
- Addressing the recent applications by Sofi and Square for Industrial Loan Company Charters
–– If approved, what will the implications be?
- Examining the latest developments and trends in fintech chartering/licensing decisions and what they means for the industry going forward
The program will be held April 30-May 1, 2018, in New York.
For more information, please visit the event website.