Davis Polk partner Luigi De Ghenghi will be among the speakers at the International Swaps and Derivatives Association’s “Finalization of the Basel Capital Rules: Overview & Implications” program. De Ghenghi will speak on the “Implementing the Final Rules in the US” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- What principles should guide the US approach to implementing the Basel rules?
- How might the reforms impact US capital markets?
- How to reach consensus of the “right” level of capital to balance enough capital with the need to invest in economic growth?
- Is the floor the best way to address variability in internal models?
- Do we foresee consistency issues with national/regional implementations?
- What remaining challenges need to be tackled?
The program will be held on November 16, 2017, in New York.
For more information, please visit the event website.