Davis Polk partner Lucy Farr will be among the speakers at the New York City Bar Association’s “A ‘How to Guide’ to Basic Derivatives, Swaps Clearing & Structured Products” program. Farr will speak on the “Key Considerations in Derivatives and Structured Products and Collateral” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- Regulatory margin requirements
- Collateral posting and protection issues
- Bankruptcy and credit downgrade considerations
- Understanding netting of exposures, risk exposure, valuation and risk: notional values, counterparty risk, pricing and leverage
- Use of derivatives in M&A
- Tax implications of various derivatives and structured notes
The program will be held on May 3, 2017, in New York.
For more information, please visit the event website.