Davis Polk partner Lucy Farr will be among the speakers at the American Bar Association Tax Section’s 2017 Midyear Meeting. Farr will moderate the “Current Developments in Financial Products” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- Active projects undertaken by the Treasury and the IRS
- Treatment of the modification of debt and non-debt financial products
- Pass-thru securities and the definition of “registered form”
- Tax accounting for swaps
- Taxation of securities dealers under section 475
- Distressed debt
- AYHDO rules
- Modernization of Derivatives Act
The program will be held January 19-21, 2017, in Orlando.
For more information, please visit the event website.