Davis Polk partner John Reynolds will be among the speakers at American Conference Institute’s 10th Annual “Advanced Forum on Economic Sanctions Enforcement and Compliance” program. Reynolds will speak on the “Russia/Ukraine Sectorial Focus: Best Practices when Working with EU Partners for Compliance with Sectorial Sanctions” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- Questions of what constitutes ‘debt,’ given that three of four restrictions include debt restriction and collecting on debt
- Bond offerings: are these covered?
- Trying to purchase the sub of an SSI entity which would be non-compliant
- Directive 4 for Provision of Services for Projects: How broad can those services be and how broad is the financial exemption?
- Risks and challenges associated with cyber sanctions in Russia
The program will be held April 24-26, 2017, in Washington DC.
For more information, please visit the event website.