Davis Polk counsel Jeanine McGuinness will be among the speakers at PLI’s 2018 Coping with U.S. Export Controls and Sanctions program. McGuinness will speak on the “Ethics Considerations in Trade Control Practice” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- Ethical issues in representing countries or parties subject to sanctions
- Restructuring transactions – how far can you go without raising ethics and conflicts issues?
- Ethical considerations related to legal services and trade control licensing
- Identifying and handling export-sensitive data by law firms -- avoiding the legal pitfalls that can undermine the interests of your client
- Professional and business conflicts that arise in export controls practice
- The scope of the legal services general licenses in various programs, and ethical considerations around same
- Disclosure, waiver and candor issues
The program will be held on December 13-14, 2018, in Washington, D.C.
For more information, please visit the event website.