Donald Bernstein, chairman of Davis Polk’s Insolvency and Restructuring Group, will co-chair the inaugural Global Restructuring Review Live New York program. The event will cover key issues at the forefront of restructuring and insolvency.
Bernstein will also moderate the “Home Court Advantage: Is Jurisdictional Competition for Control of Global Insolvency Proceedings a Positive Development” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- What are the pros and cons of COMI shopping?
- What is the likely impact of Brexit on England’s position as a preferred insolvency jurisdiction?
- If there is no clear “home” jurisdiction for a debtor company, or the COMI jurisdiction has an unreliable insolvency system, is it appropriate to commence main proceedings in a jurisdiction portraying itself as an insolvency “hub” even if connections there are thin?
- Are inspiring “hub” jurisdictions constrained by the limits to recognition of their insolvency judgements?
- What is the impact of the Model Law on cross-border insolvency and court to court communications protocols, for example, the JIN Guidelines?
- Will the use of pre-insolvency procedures have an effect on jurisdictional competition for insolvency cases?
The program will be held on September 13, 2017, in New York.
For more information, please visit the event website.