Davis Polk partner Donald Bernstein will serve as co-chair of the 3rd Annual GRR Live New York conference, and partner Timothy Graulich will present at the event, which will discuss the latest trends in Latin America, providing an insight into a new and developing area of restructuring.
Bernstein will moderate the “Governmental restructurings in the Americas: the dynamics behind Puerto Rico and Venezuela” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- The obstacles Puerto Rico has faced - such as two hurricanes, a complex debt structure and a spate of claim objections and other litigation
- The larger political forces that have delayed restructuring efforts in Venezuela
- The implications of these and other obstacles and the dynamics that are now driving these cases
- What does the future look like?
Graulich will participate in the “Has Chapter 15 altered Latin American restructuring practice?” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- How have recent contested cases altered practices in Brazil and Mexico in both their local cases and in seeking chapter 15 recognition?
- To what extent are US bankruptcy concepts (such as DIP financing, exit financing and substantive consolidation) being adopted in local Latin American restructuring?
- How are these effects a result of cross border precedents?
The event will be held on October 10, 2019, in New York.
For more information, please visit the event website.