Davis Polk partners Miranda So and Patrick Sinclair, counsel Sam Kelso, and associates Yuan Zheng and Samuel Kang will be among the speakers at the 2019 In-House Congress Hong Kong Program. So will speak on the “Talent Management in the Legal Sector” panel.
Sinclair will moderate and Zheng will speak on the “How the US Enforcement Environment is Changing in the Weak US-China Trade Relationship” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- United States Department of Justice’s “China Initiative” One Year In
- China’s Response: The Unreliable Entity List and International Judicial Assistance Law
- IEEPA: Can the U.S. President Instruct U.S. Companies to Leave China?
- Data Preservation Challenges and the Evolution of DOJ’s views of “Ephemeral Messaging”
Kelso and Kang will speak on the “Transaction Readiness: Preparing your Organization for an M&A Transaction” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- Pre-deal strategy and planning
- Typical timetable for an M&A process / key work streams
- Preparing the data room: What does a buyer focus on during due diligence?
- Conditions Precedent: Regulatory hurdles and other deal killers
- Your role as in-house counsel in the M&A transaction process
- Engagement with the company’s board of directors and investors during the M&A process
- Integration of employees and preparation for potential changes in the culture
The event will take place on October 3, 2019, in Hong Kong.