Senior Manager, Client & Practice Development
Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (additional hours as required)
The Client & Practice Development (C&PD) function is a unique and highly visible, partner-facing position. Embedded within the firm’s Finance Group, the C&PD Specialist will work with the practice across a broad range of client-focused marketing and business development initiatives to support the group’s strategic priorities.
The C&PD Specialist must be able to proactively and independently lead, prioritize and manage various projects simultaneously, while leveraging insights and best practices learned and developed from providing this executive level support.
Working closely with the Senior Manager of Client & Practice Development, this role also serves as a liaison on behalf of the practice, frequently collaborating with various internal departments, including the Practice Coverage and Business Intelligence teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct and maintain competitive intelligence on clients, industries and competitors
- Develop and maintain coverage infrastructure tools and trackers
- Track and drive progress towards the successful execution of practice objectives and plans
- Prepare progress reports, relationship summaries and analysis, and year in review accomplishments
- As appropriate, organize and participate in client coverage team meetings, including creating agendas, post meeting action items and facilitating follow up
- Strategic review of marketing collateral and pitch materials, working with the Business Development and Graphics departments as needed
- Plan client events with support from the firm's Events and Practice Resources departments
- Participate in other client and practice development initiatives and projects as needed, from inception through delivery
- A proactive self-starter, able to accept direction, yet work independently
- Understands the details within a larger context and uses initiative to identify and solve problems
- Professional curiosity relating to area of expertise, the role and contributions beyond the immediate job description
- Articulate and confident, must exhibit enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and proven attention to detail
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); InterAction experience preferred
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands, and evolve with position as required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Four+ years of experience in the legal and/or professional services industry, preferably with a focus on marketing and business development
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $120,000 - $140,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email