Sr. Manager for Training and CLE
Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (additional hours as required)
The Coordinator, Professional Development – Training will assist with maintaining the firm-wide CLE program and coordinating training programs for CLE compliance, in addition to ad hoc CLE needs for attorneys.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Firm-wide CLE Resource
- Develop and maintain knowledge base of all relevant state mandatory CLE requirements (New York, California and Washington, D.C.) and act as a resource to attorneys, clients, and staff.
- Understand and interpret CLE requirements, including rule updates or changes, in jurisdictions in which the firm is an accredited provider (New York, California, United Kingdom, and Hong Kong).
- Answer questions on an as-needed basis regarding CLE requirements of states other than those in which the firm is an accredited provider and, upon request, apply for credit in these jurisdictions.
- Update CLE-related content on the firm's intranet.
- Draft communications to attorneys on rules, CLE course credit awards, updates on regulations, upcoming programs, deadlines, compliance status, etc.
- Respond to attorney and staff questions regarding Micron CE Manager, outside CLE vendors, the CLE process, and other related matters.
Ongoing Firm CLE Accreditation Process
- Assist with maintaining accreditation in jurisdictions where the firm is an accredited provider and applying for accreditation in other jurisdictions, as needed.
- Assist with preparing and submitting year-end reports, accredited provider renewal applications, and other mandatory CLE reports to ensure the firm's accredited provider status in key jurisdictions.
- Assist with applying for individual program accreditation and/or individual attorney CLE credit in jurisdictions in which the firm is not an accredited provider, as necessary, to provide maximum CLE credit for in-house and client programs.
- Assist with maintaining CLE program files, including course materials, attendance records, program materials, and other required paperwork
Coordination of Training Program CLE Compliance
- Support the team in administering the firm's in-house, vendor, and online CLE offerings.
- Learn CLE program procedures for in-house and client programs, and help improve and streamline as needed.
- Coordinate with Professional Development and Business Development teams to coordinate invitations, materials, sign-in sheets, remote participation forms, timed agendas, evaluations, and other required paperwork for in-person and virtual training programs.
- Enter firm-sponsored CLE programs into Micron CE Manager, the firm's CLE tracking database.
- Analyze external training attendance and administer external course reimbursement policies and procedures.
CLE and State Bar Registration Tracking and Compliance Process
- Provide attorney support regarding CLE compliance.
- Assist attorneys with CLE compliance, including research on CLE rules and regulations, analysis of CLE records and recommendations for individual attorney compliance, assistance with bar registration forms, and submission of extension and waiver requests.
- Assist in maintaining online CLE records for attorneys, including updating Micron CE Manager to reflect both attendance information for firm-sponsored programs and CLE certificates from outside programs attended by attorneys.
- Assist in monitoring attorney CLE and state bar registration compliance, follow up with attorneys, and prepare related reports for management.
- Provide client CLE assistance, including CLE administration of client programs, tracking of firm-provided client CLE in Micron CE manager, creation and distribution of CLE certificates of attendance, and maintenance of client CLE library.
- Other tasks as assigned by Chief Professional Development Officer or Sr. Training Manager.
- Liaising with lawyers and staff at all levels about CLE and other Professional Development-related matters.
- Familiarity with national CLE rules and regulations and ability to assist attorneys with all CLE-related matters.
- Experience with New York, California, United Kingdom, and Hong Kong CLE/CPD requirements strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in CLE and training database tools.
- Experience with Micron CE Manager strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and technical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing, with lawyers, managers, and staff.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to delegate effectively to others.
- Creative and thoughtful self-starter with excellent attention to detail.
- Pro-active problem solver.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work well with internal and external clients.
- Customer service oriented; responsive to inquiries, strong independent problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- At least one years' experience with similar responsibilities in a large law firm with multiple CLE jurisdictions.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $70,000 - $95,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, anticipated assignment, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email